Wednesday 2 April 2008

Foals!! 2007







I went to see the foals way way back in September after just coming to uni. I had seen them before at Reading festival and they were amazing, but not in such a small venue as where i saw them in Leeds. They were just at that breaking point when they played at the cockpit still fairly underground. There set was fuelled with energetic frantic dance movements and beats, with the lead singer Yantis dancing in a similar way to Ian Curtis. There was such an electric, crazed atmosphere.
I cannot express how gutted i was for not taking my camera with me to the gig, i was worried in case it would get hit or dropped during their set, instead i took some shitty blurred photos on my phone and a video. It was still possible one of the best gigs i have ever been too.
However what first attracted me to Foals, was my friend Craig showing me samples of there demo art work for the single Hummer. It was very in intricate in parts, also with rough textures by mixed media and illustration. They are designed by a 21 year old illustrator from Brighton called, Tinhead. because his art work has been so influential on the band, he had been described as The sixth Foal. Here are all of the final art pieces used for Foals covers:

No comments: